Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining

Ok, so here goes another try at this blogging thing. So, where to begin? Well I am your average college sophomore. I love to have fun and spend time with my friends, but most of that is trampled out of my schedule for one simple reason...I am in nursing school. Yes, yes, you are probably thinking "Then why are you taking time to blog?" Answer: It's an outlet, and sometimes you need that. Mostly I want to share the good memories, my struggles and the things that I learn, with others so that they can be encouraged by them.
Today was the worst day ever since I started school this semester. It seemed like one thing after another went wrong and time after time my hopes were crushed or my heart was broken. It seems like it never ends and I can whole-heartedly say that I cannot wait for midnight when I will finally climb into my cozy "cave" and curl up under my blankets and escape from reality for a few hours, knowing that when I wake up it will be a new day.
The day started when I got up at glorious 5 am to study Chemistry. Bleck, Chemistry. Chemistry is a dark shadow over my happy little life. It's the monster under the bed, the cold that will never seem to go away and the death of a good majority of nursing students. You get the idea. After getting through my first few classes I chugged more coffee and dug into more Chem. Im the midst of Chem homework I squeezed in studying for a verse test I had at 12, that I had not had time to study for yet. As the afternoon wore on more things piled up to the point where I was on the verge of tears. Ok, yes it sounds like I am complaining, but there is a purpose. I had to say all this to get to the 50 minutes of my day that were AMAZING!
French Class <3
Oh how I love thee French Class. French Class is the highlight to every day. It is the little marshmallows in my Lucky Charms, the Umbrella that keeps me dry on rainy days, and the creamer to my coffee. I love French! That's really all there is to it, and during my worst day ever I had 50 minutes of pure delight as I sat in class and learned about the beautiful language.
So basically put, I suppose my little "nugget" for the day is this. Even though you may be having the worst day ever and you know that it won't be better until tomorrow and all you want to do is cry all day long and nothing is making it better remember, every cloud has a silver lining. As for me I will keep on keepin' calm and finish nursing school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment