Thursday, October 25, 2012

It's the Little Things.

Wow! It's been such a busy week. This morning I decided to share with you something that I have been learning, the importance of the little things. As a college student you are faced with many frustrations and trials, many large and many small. Mostly the things that will get you pretty frustrated are the little things, the friend who doesn't seem to have time for you, the project that you missed two points on, or even the fact that the guy in front of you didn't bother to hold the door open for you. These things can build and build until you are literally this volcano that is just waiting to explode at the next slightest tremor of your world.
This past week was one of those weeks where I set my hearts on enjoying the little things. For instance, I didn't have a date to Artist Series...but...two of my amazing friends invited me to go with them and I got the prettiest flowers ever and I had a really fun time talking with them and listening to awesome guitar music. Here's another, this week my best friend and I were supposed to study together and she got carried away in a conversation with someone and ended up being out for two hours and never did get to spend time with me...but...I sat in my room and started Chem homework, and I actually enjoyed doing it, yes I said Chem, and I turned on my favorite Pandora station and they played all my favorite songs. I was having such an enjoyable time that it seemed like nothing. Sure these things may seem trivial to one person, but to me they were things that changed my attitude about the whole situation. It was amazing!
So, here is my little "nugget" for the day. Enjoy the little things in life. That joke someone tells at lunch,  the embarrassing moment that you had that you will laugh about later, or even the time when the nice, friendly, and probably very cute guy does stop to hold open the door for you. These are the moments that you will remember. Keep a smile on your face, because you can't have fun if you aren't smiling. So  now I am off to face another day of classes, and Thursday is by far my least favorite day, but I am going to look for the little things that will make me smile and make my day wonderful, and I am going to keep calm and finish nursing school.

No comments:

Post a Comment