Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Year in Review...

I can't believe that 2013 is coming to a close. This year has flown by for me.

My year began by ringing in 2013 with my family in our home in Greenville. Shortly after I returned to The Bob to start my fourth semester of college. I studied Elementary Education and through that semester the Lord saw fit to change my direction, I switched my major to Pre-Physical Therapy before leaving school in May.

My summer started on May 4 with a quick trip to Idaho to see my best friend's family, and then another short trip to Seattle to see my family before heading to the sunny mountains of California to work with horses for the summer at camp. During my ten weeks at camp the Lord really worked in my life, and I was able to break down many walls that I had allowed to build around my heart. On August 3 I headed off for my next line-up of small trips before heading back to school in the fall.

I arrived at school in late August ready to go for my fifth semester. I loved my classes and I was blessed with incredible teachers. Throughout the semester, the Lord once again worked in my life in many ways, he allowed closure on things from my past and gave me many new beginnings. I once again switched my major after receiving much counsel and I am looking forward to starting my new year by returning to study Communications.

Thanksgiving and Christmas were a whirlwind of activity with friends and family. I spent Thanksgiving break with two of my amazing friends, and then spent Christmas with my family in Seattle. I will be ringing in 2014 in Northern California with my sister, brother-in-law, and their six kids, just like I did for many years when I was in high school.

God has blessed me tremendously this past year. He has worked in my heart, and the hearts of my friends and family, in ways that I never imagined. He has blessed me with incredible relationships and awesome experiences. On January 1, 2013 I claimed this to be "My Year," the year in which I would go beyond where I had gone before, and I truly did. Sure, there were things that I wished for on that new Years day that didn't end up happening, but instead I was able to learn lessons about friendship, and patience.

As you, my dear readers, ring in the New Year with your family and friends, take some time to look back on your year and at all of the incredible things that God has done for. May God bless you and your family in this coming year. Happy New Year! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment