Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Resolution...

Well Dear Readers, we are into the second week of the new year :) It is so exciting to see what God is already doing in 2014. I am normally not the kind person who likes to make New Year's resolutions, but this year I thought that maybe I would. I didn't want to just pick any old resolution that at least 100 other people chose too, I wanted something that I could pick to be uniquely mine.

As I was sitting in the guest room at my sister's house on New Year's Eve I notices one of the pictures hanging on the wall. All it says is "Rejoice Always, Pray Without Ceasing, Give Thanks in All Circumstances." at the bottom was 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. As I was looking at that I thought that those three things could be taken as a resolution. I chose to make my New Year's resolution exactly what that picture said, based on Scripture.

To rejoice always, in all circumstances. Both good and bad. In situations that are big and ones that are small. No matter what happens, I am choosing to rejoice.

To pray without ceasing. Every day, I want to have a spirit of prayer that honors the Lord. I want to be able to pray when serious situations arise, and I also want to be able to pray for things that may sometimes seem a little silly.

To give thanks in all circumstances. Every circumstance, not just the ones that I like. In the circumstances that God uses to test me, and in the ones that make me smile. Sometimes my thanks may come out intermittent with tears, but I want to always be thankful for everything.

Already this year the Lord has handed me situations where I have had to stop and think about what I have committed to do this year. Already God has tested my faith by throwing things at me that I never expected. I hope and pray that each day when I wake up, no matter what comes my way I will remember what my New Year's Resolution is and I will Rejoice Always, Pray Without Ceasing, and Give Thanks in All Circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment