Thursday, November 1, 2012

Friends are Forever.


“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” 
― C.S. Lewis
Today I want to write about the amazing friendships that I am so thankful for here at college. Before I came to school I really didn't have any friends my age and the few friends who I did have were much younger than I was. When I arrived at school I was blessed with amazing friends. These people have seen me at my best, my worst, when I am sicker than sick, and healthy as a horse. They have watched me succeed and they have watched me fail they have seen my spiritual highs and lows and through every moment they have stood by my side and encouraged me expecting nothing in return. It amazes me how friends are so willing to do that for one another, give expecting nothing in return. I love to do  things for people, I love finding fun things and giving them to my friends. I love writing little notes and Bible verses to encourage them. But more that anything I love just being with them, knowing that they are never going to walk away.
Some of my friendships look a little like this...
So close and so special. Some of my friends and I have a lot in common. We finish each others sentences, we laugh without even saying a word, and we have little secrets that are very special. I love being able to just talk to them and know that they are listening. I will admit I am not the most transparent person ever, I do like to keep things to myself sometimes, but when I am ready to talk they are always there ready to listen. And a good part of the time they know just what to say.
And then some of my friendships look like this...

These are the friendships where my friends and I are so different, but we go together amazingly. We love to spend time together and goof off and be different. And yet we have a bond that is so different because we have truly had to work to make our unique friendship defy the odds and work with all our differences.
Today I wrote about friendships because they are one thing that I am so, so thankful for here at school. Without my friends I really don't know who I would be or where I would be. We have our days where it seems like we always disagree, but to be able to make-up and hug at the end of it all and realize that we value one another more than anything else is so meaningful to me. I am so thankful for the wonderful friends that I have here like Christina Leavell, Caleb Acrey, Rosie Johnson, Reayn Robinson, Hannah Hendrickson, Alisha McClellan, and even my roommates. These people are just a small example of how I am blessed, I have so many more wonderful friends. These people help me to keep calm and finish nursing school.

No comments:

Post a Comment