Friday, February 14, 2014

A Love I Will Never Understand...

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope that all of you are enjoying your day and that something put a smile on your face today, even if it had absolutely nothing to do with chocolate or roses. I know I promised blog posts for my Love series, but for some reason this week writing has not come as naturally to me as it normally does. I didn't want to just leave you all hanging though, so I wanted to share something with you that I have been learning this past week, and it actually is about love.

People ask me all the time, "Why do you believe in God?" The answer is simple to me, but complex to others. I can't explain it in words that even make sense, but I'll try. I believe in God because it blows my mind that someone would love me enough to sacrifice their most prized possession so that I could spend eternity with Him. That is why I believe in God. This week God has been showing me more and more how deeply He loves me. He loves me enough to open my eyes to see a sunrise and wonder at the glory of His creation. He loves me enough to give me peace in the midst of a storm. He loves me enough to put me through one of the most heart-wrenching and painful things I've been through in a while just so that He can draw me closer to Himself. Me, a filthy sinner. He loves me so much with a love that I will never understand.

I don't have a boyfriend, but I do have people who love me. Most importantly, though, I have a God who is jealously, passionately in love with me. He will never leave me lonely, He will never not


be there. His love is so deep, and so wide I will never be able to have a love that compares. On this Valentine's Day I want to thank God for loving me with a love that I will never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment