Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Month of Love...

Happy February and welcome to the month of love.

Sometimes I feel like February could be easily equated to The Hunger Games. All the single people seem to stand out a little bit more and the saying "May the odds be ever in your favor," seems slightly appropriate. 

In all seriousness though, I think that the month of February has become a month filled with a hyped up commercial holiday that has pushed aside the true meaning of love. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to celebrating Valentine's day at all, I just want to point out that the image of love that has been created by Valentine's Day is not the true image of love. 

So what is love then? Sure, love can be giving a gift to your significant other or carrying in the groceries for the neighbor lady, but it is also so much deeper than that. Love has levels that are not even comprehensible to man. This month I want to publish a series of blogs about examples of that deep love that we see in the Bible. Sure, I'll use some of the common examples, but I also want to find other examples that at first may not seem so loving, but when you look closer you will see it.

I am super excited to try this, and I hope that you are excited to read!


No comments:

Post a Comment